Smoothie Thursday with a new Ingredient: Kombucha!
Are you looking to make something new and interesting? Then there's good news for you. We have an exciting recipe for you to make easily at home and enjoy the refreshing taste of your blend. What's the new ingredient? Kombucha. You can use Kombynation Co.'s locally brewed kombucha in these recipes
But, are you wondering what is kombucha and why you it should be in your recipes? Don't worry, click here to find out.
Now that you are convinced, let's not hold you back further. Jumping over to the delicious recipe!
Kale's got power and Kombucha's got power. So, what do we have now? Superpower! Yup, enjoy this smoothie for a refreshing taste and immunity boost.
Why did we pick this?
Kale contains fiber, calcium, vitamin C among many others. Vitamin C helps boost your immune system. It's also has good antioxidant properties which help you remove unwanted toxins from the body. It is this property of kale that helps the body fight against many diseases including cancer and diabetes. It has a range of health benefits for the whole body, as you can see (source). Adding it to to your diet is a good way to access its benefits. So, whip up this smoothie today!
What will you need for 3 servings?
This recipe helps you turn one bottle of Original Komby into 3 servings of smoothie. Treat the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours and have it the next day!
- 1 large banana
- 2 whole oranges (medium sized), peeled and with seeds removed
- 200 g fruits (pineapple, strawberries, cherries, blueberries)
- 200 g spinach (baby chard can also be added if you're looking to use more exotic greens)
- 4-5 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 bottle of Original Komby
- Ice cubes (if you want it chilled!)
How do you make it?
- Combine the banana, orange (don't miss this out as it's loaded with Vitamin C), spinach, kale and other fruits in a blender.
- Add your preferred amount of ice cubes and blend well by adding kombucha to it constantly if you prefer the texture to be very smooth. Now, your Kombucha smoothie is ready!
- If you can't gulp it down at once, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Now you know that you can have a lot of fun with kombucha. It's good for you and keeps your immunity high and happy. So, go for it and try our Original Komby kombucha today if you haven't before right here.
Leave a comment